About Eagle Hill Manor
Historic Eagle Hill Manor is a Victorian "Painted Lady" which was built in 1899 by the Batcheldor brothers for Mr. Addison Humphrey, a prominent landowner. It has been completely restored and updated retaining its old southern charm with its warm, natural woodwork, hardwood floors and original indoor wooden shutters. A homey back porch where one can enjoy flower gardens and listen to native songbirds beckons you to relax. A large front porch with gazebos on either end, furnished with wicker furniture and a swing is also a lovely place to relax, reflect, or enjoy a leisurely breakfast. This beautiful property is a Kentucky Landmark and is entered in the National Register of Historic Places.
Eagle Hill Manor is located in downtown Bloomfield, Ky at the corner of Springfield Road and Eagle Hill Road just 3 miles north of exit 34 off the Bluegrass Parkway.
Eagle Hill Manor is within walking distance of a restaurant, antique and gift shop, and the Olde Bloomfield Meeting Hall, which has a skating rink, bowling alley, and arcade games. One may enjoy a walking tour of the old town, and enjoy the ambiance of an era of long ago with its many restored and refurbished buildings such as the historic Bloomfield Baptist Church which was commandeered by Federal Troops and used as a hospital during the Civil War. About three miles west, St. Michaels Church, founded in 1792 is one of the oldest Catholic Parishes in Nelson County and the fifth oldest west of the Allegheny Mountains.